Pretend that you are giving a speech on the importance of video
games. You are going to receive a printout of a portion of
reliable source on this topic to read and review. After
reading through the source's four pages, please complete the following
You will need to turn in your annotation for this source at the end of
- Summarize what you believe are the three most important
topics/facts in the source using complete sentences.
- Write a sentence succinctly explaining how you would use the
source in your speech. How is the source as a whole useful?
What point can you argue using the evidence you wrote for question
- Brainstorm at least two contradictory arguments that could be
formed by someone reading the same source, and decide how these
arguments work against the point you've composed for question
two. Write out these contradictory arguments in complete
- Edit what you've written into a short bibliographic annotation
for this source. Remember to highlight the answers to each of
your previous questions in this annotation.
- Determine ways that you could memorably
present your main point from question two, your three lines
of evidence from question 1, and your most powerful contradictory
argument from question three. Prepare to present these in sixty
seconds or less by writing a quick presentation outline. You may
be called upon to give this sixty second presentation at the end of the