Review the questions below. Then listen to the speech at this
address. Answer the questions while you watch the speech, and
finish cleaning up your answers once you're done.
- Can you track the speech's logic in a flowchart?
- What is the speech's general purpose?
- What is the speaker's thesis?
- What are the speaker's main points?
- What does the speaker..
What verbal tricks (eg, alliteration) does the speaker use to
help you remember certain points?
- repeat (concepts)?
- repeat (words or phrases)?
What strategies from Aristotle's triangle does the speaker
use? How and why?
List three interesting examples of the speaker's body
language. How are they useful? Distracting?
Does the speaker give the audience any action items?
Are there any obvious mistakes?
What is the most effective rhetorical
strategy used in the speech?
- If so, does the speaker give justifications for these actions?
And, just for fun, if you were grading this speech, what grade would
you give it and why?